Product Review websites are all around on the internet, but they are not even close to all being equal in regard to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites appear to be unbiased initially, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, so they can earn money via affiliate links.
Below are a few approaches to assess when a site and its owner(s) are just within it for the investment, or maybe they provide honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented reviews:
1. Who Runs the Site? A real review site will have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the site (and oftentimes why they started it.) Too many sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are really run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, if in fact their sole intent is always to only recommend every product they blog about.
2. Carry out the Reviewers or Site Owners Buy The Products Themselves? This can be a critical factor for review integrity. Much like scientific research, there exists a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of a product in the event the reviewer failed to pay it off himself. The truth that a reviewer will pay for the item(s) her or himself speaks volumes about their impartiality and capability to remain objective over the course of the review.
3. Does the site Review a multitude of Products or Only One? A site that reviews a variety of products is very likely to be neutral along with a true review site compared to a site where only Zion Product Reviews. Why would someone proceed to the trouble of creating a web site for just one product and after that provide it with a negative review? Of course the review will likely be positive (although occasionally they may throw in a negative comment or two to offer the appearance of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are popular with affiliates because search engines like google give strong weight to using keywords inside the website name (url title.) Therefore if the merchandise being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then employing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will often give that site an increased position in search engines like google.
4. Perform the Reviewers Just Have Positive Items to Say about the Products They Review? A really neutral product review site will have both positive and negative reviews. If each of the reviews over a site are glowing, and each and every product is endorsed, then there’s a good bet that this reviewer is serving his own interests as opposed to those of the customer.
5. Does the Review Headline Utilize the Word ‘Scam’? It is a classic tactic used by lots of unscrupulous reviewers to make use of keywords inside the title in addition to give the look of shoring in the trust factor. A sample uoncvg might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a Scam?” – as it utilizes the keyword phrase inside the title, as well as that phrase will mirror what individuals enter in the search box when they have questions regarding a product or service.
These are merely several important aspects to find when assessing the integrity of the product review site. Keep in mind that honest product review sites are available. Being a a consumer, you need to evaluate a site’s integrity before you decide to trust its reviews